Under the CHINESE GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM 2024-25, only candidates with a valid score on either the HAT or the USAT (a score achieved after January 1, 2022) will be consider. During the application submission process for the applicant must provide a valid score on the HEC site.
The last day to submit an online application for studying opportunities overseas using the HEC portal is Thursday, December 28th, 2023. Access it at http://scholarship.hec.gov.pk/.
Please go to Campuschina.org or https://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua in order to submit an application online via the China Scholarship Council’s site. Submit the application under category A (agency No. 5861).
The Chinese Scholarship Council is a component of the Chinese government. It provides Pakistani students and scholars the opportunity to study and research in Chinese universities. With the intention of enhancing educational collaboration between China and Pakistan, they are actively working on this initiative. HEC is the organization responsible for making nominations. It will handle scholarship nominations for the academic year 2024-25 on behalf of the Government of Pakistan.
The China Scholarship Council (CSC) manages the CHINESE GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM 2024-25. Entrusted by the Ministry of Education, it’s responsible for the enrollment process.
Scholarship awardees at all levels may choose from a broad range of academic programs offered by designated Chinese universities. These programs encompass various fields:
science, engineering, agriculture, medicine, economics, legal studies, management, education, history, literature, philosophy, and fine arts, among other disciplines.
International students, instructors, and scholars are eligible for financial support from the Chinese Government Scholarship Program. This support is for pursuing undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral degree programs, which may include a one-year preparatory Chinese language study in certain programs.
|Major Study (including preparatory years)
|Chinese Language (Preparatory study year*)
All undergraduate programs necessitate a preparatory year of Chinese language study. Moreover, if candidates possess HSK level 3 proficiency, they can receive an exemption, and this exemption remains valid for two years. Chinese universities offer Pakistani students diverse opportunities to participate in master’s and doctoral degree programs, taught in both English and Chinese.
To be eligible, applicants must be citizens of Pakistan or AJ&K. Holders of dual nationality are not permit to submit an application.
2. All applicants are required to be in excellent health.
3. Applicants with degrees not yet completed by the application deadline are not allowed to submit their applications.
4. To be eligible for the Undergraduate/Bachelors program, applicants must have completed a minimum of twelve years of education (intermediate, A-level, or FA-FSC). furtherly, they must be under the age of 25 at the time of application.
5. To be eligible for the Master’s program, applicants must possess a bachelor’s degree. Additionally, applicants should be under the age of 35 at the time of application.
6. Candidates for the Doctor of Philosophy program must have a Master of Science or Master of Philosophy degree (17/18 years). Additionally, they should be under the age of 40 at the time of application.
7. Make sure to fulfill all the application conditions outlined on the website and portal of the China Scholarship Council.
8. Show that you are able to fulfill the prerequisites for admission to the colleges that you have applied to, including academic eligibility, language competency, and any other relevant criteria.
In addition, applicants are not permitted to be receiving any other sorts of scholarships at the same time.
10. Every candidate needs to provide a score from either the HAT or the USAT. The applicant must have achieved a score of at least fifty out of one hundred on either the HAT or the USAT exam. Applicants who have taken the HAT or USAT exam on or after January 1, 2023 are eligible to submit the results of their tests to the HEC site for consideration. The application will not be considered for further processing unless the applicant submits with a minimum score of fifty out of one hundred on either the HAT or the USAT.
Tuition Funds. The institution that is hosting the student will make extensive use of the cash for tuition. There is a possibility that it will pay expenses related to student activities, health insurance, and education and administration for the student.
Accommodation: A free university dormitory or a grant for housing is provided to each recipient of the prize.
Stipend: The Scholarship Program offered by the Chinese government is subject to modification.
For undergraduate students, the minimum payment is CNY 2,500 per month.
For master’s students, the minimum payment is CNY 3,000 per month.
PhD students are require to pay a minimum of CNY 3,500 each month.
Travel Expenditure: Those awarded the scholarship would be responsible for covering their own travel expenses. HEC will not be responsible for any financial harm.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit each piece of information and any attached papers via the online application accurately, comprehensively, and truthfully.
1. Fill out your application online at http://scholarship.hec.gov.pk/. Please pick “Learning Opportunities Abroad” after you have completed the registration process and filled up your profile. After submitting the application, the applicant should obtain a printed copy of the application to sign. On Thursday, December 28, 2023, at 23:59 PM Pakistan Standard Time, the HEC online application platform will terminate its operations immediately.
2. Please make sure that your HEC profile is up to date with the most recent information, including your email address and mobile phone number, before you submit your application. Given the high activity of the online application system in the days leading up to the deadline, it is strongly recommend to submit your application promptly. After successfully submitting your application via the HEC portal, keep a printed copy of the signed application form for your records.
3. Submit the application online using the CSC web portal, accessible at http://www.campuschina.org/ or https://www.csc.edu.cn/.The program type is A, and the agency number is 5861. Download the completed application form from the Chinese Scholarship Council’s website, print it off, and ensure you have a signed copy with you at all times.
4. Download the Instructions for the CHINESE GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM 2024-25 and complete the online application form available on the CSC site. This will provide you with further information on the scholarship program offered by the Chinese government.
5. Applications must be submit electronically using the CSC and HEC portal. The candidate’s application will not be consider if not submitted on these two portals.
Note: Right now, there is no need for hard copies of the applications to be submitted. In any circumstance, applications submitted manually or those are preserved on the site but are incomplete will not be considered.
At this point in the application procedure, prospective candidates do not need to provide HEC with any forms of documentation (physical copies). Shortlist applicants will need to submit the following papers, which can be in either English or Chinese. In case the documents are in a different language, a certified translation in either English or Chinese must accompany them. To avoid future inconveniences, applicants considering applying should create an application dossier following the provided information.
1.A copy of the HEC application form that has been signed and organised in a separate spiral bound. Along with the HEC application form, you are not permitted to submit any additional documents.
2.Copy of the signed application form of the CSC application portal along with the following document.
3, Attested copies of all educational documents, one photocopy of CNIC/B-form, Domicile, IBCC equivalency certificate (if applicable), and HEC equivalency if applicable.
4, A plan of study or a proposal for research writing in either Chinese or English. (A minimum of 200 words for undergraduates, 5030 words for non-degree students, and 800 words for postgraduates). A certificate of language competency or a score on the IELTS, TOEFL, or HSK (where applicable), and a copy of a valid ordinary passport valid until March 1, 2025 (first two pages).
5, A photocopy of the Physical Examination Record should be filled out in English for everyone who is not a native English speaker. (Note that the applicant is responsible for keeping the original copy.) All of the elements that are included in the Physical Examination Record. Including basic blood test results, must be covered during the physical exams for the policy of the Chinese government.
6, Invalid forms include those that have incomplete records or that do not include the signature of the attending physician. The official stamp of the hospital, or a picture of the applicant that has been sealed. It is essential that you choose the most suitable time to get a physical examination, since the results are only valid for a period of six months.
7, Non-criminal Record (Police Clearance Certificate) not older than six months before the application deadline.
8,To obtain a pre-admission letter for a master’s or doctoral degree, applicants must initially submit an application to the target institutions, where applicable. Failure to provide HEC/CSC with a pre-admission notification means that the guarantee of acceptance into the preferred institution cannot be ensure. In the case of securing scholarships from the Chinese government, priority will give to applicants with admission credentials for master’s and doctoral programs.
9, Applicants for graduate programs must submit two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English from professors or associate professors.
10, In case of employment, a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the applicant’s employer will be require.
11, Applicants under the age of 18 should submit the valid documents of their legal guardians in China.
1, Ensuring the proper entry of your email address, telephone number, and postal address into the application system is imperative for success in the application process. These details play a crucial role in facilitating effective communication throughout the application procedure. Furthermore, failure to provide a timely response to either the HEC or the CSC may result in an automatic rejection.
2, Submit a clear, authentic, and valid scanned copy of each document required on both portals. Applicants shall bear the consequences caused by the unclear or unidentified uploaded materials.
3, In case of submitting false information at any stage, HEC reserves the right to cancel and debar for all future scholarships as well as impose a penalty, as decided by HEC.
4, To apply for the CHINESE GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM 2024-25, ensure to submit your application online through the HEC portal at www.scholarship.hec.gov.pk before the deadline, which is on December 28, 2023.
DO NOT send hard copies of application forms or any other documents to HEC at this stage of the application process.
5, To submit an online application on China Scholarship Council’s portal under category A (agency No. 5861), please visit Campuschina.org or https://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua
6, Saved, incomplete applications on the portal of HEC and CSC and by-hand applications will not be consider.
Learning Opportunities Abroad,
Scholarship Division, Higher Education Commission, H-9, Islamabad
Call: 051-111-11-9432 OR 0334-111-9432 or visit https://onlinehelp.hec.gov.pk/